Baby Zombies are supersonic hostile mobs that have a 5% chance to spawn in place of a regular Zombie. They are faster and more dangerous than their adult variants.
Baby Zombies can spawn naturally in the Overworld, but they only have a 5% chance to spawn. The player can also spawn one with a Zombie Spawn Egg. Baby Zombies can also be found riding a Chicken, creating a Chicken Jockey.
Baby zombie's can run much faster than normal zombie's. They used to be able to stay alive during day, as they did not burn in the sunlight, but ever since update 1.13 they burn like regular zombies.
Baby zombies can fit through small holes and can easily kill an adult Villager.
Baby Zombies might be more dangerous than zombies, but still, they have the same life with them, so an iron sword or above would easily kill them. A Wolf can also easily kill a baby zombie.
Baby Zombies when killed, they drop 0-1 rotten flesh and experience points.
- Baby Zombies were added to PE along with baby zombie pigmen, in Update 0.11.0.
- The chances to find a chicken jockey are 0.5%.
- They can be spawned wearing armor or a tool, making them even more dangerous.
- If they wear armor or holding a tool, when killed, they may drop it.
- It is even possible for them to spawn riding a wolf, spider, adult zombie or husk.