Pigs are passive mobs that spawn naturally in the Overworld.
Adult Pig's AI:
- Adult Pigs walk randomly around the world. When they get damaged by the player, they make a screaming pig sound and run randomly away from the player.
- in an upcoming update, pigs will roll in mud, making them muddy.
Baby Pig's AI:
- Baby Pigs follow their parents everywhere they go. When damaged by the player, they run randomly away from the player. When killed, they do not drop anything.
Pigs can breed using Carrots, Potatoes, or Beetroots. They will follow the player if the player holds one of these three foods. If the player feeds the pig with Carrots, Potatoes, or Beetroots, it will enter in love mode if the player does that at another Pig, they will breed and make a Baby Pig.
Note: The player can get Cooked Porkchop only if the Pig is on fire.
- Pigs can be ridden using Saddles and Carrot on a Stick. This feature was added to Minecraft Pocket Edition in update 0.15.0.
- Raw Porkchops can be cooked in the furnace to become Cooked Porkchop.