Snow Golems are Utility Mobs that attack Hostile Mobs by throwing Snowballs at them. They can be created by the player like Iron Golems.
Snow Golems can spawn naturally, although with a very rare chance, if an Endermen picks up a carved pumpkin, goes to a village in a snow biome, and places the pumpkin on top of the pile of snow blocks found next to village house. They can also be spawned when the player places two Snow Blocks and a Pumpkin or a Jack o Lantern on the top of each other (the Pumpkin or Jack o Lantern must be placed last). They cannot be crafted as they are mobs.
Snow Golems attack every Hostile Mob that is nearby by shooting Snowballs, which do no damage unless the Mob is a Blaze. This is a smart way to distract Hostile Mobs and kill them yourself.
Snow Golem's Snowballs can only kill Blazes as they take damage from Snowballs.
Tip: Snow Golems cannot attack Ghasts.
When snow Golems are killed, they drop 8-9 snowballs.
- Their Pumpkin can be removed with Shears, having a derpy-looking face in MCPE and MCPC.
- They will melt in hot biomes, such as Desert, Mesa, and the Nether. They will also melt by Lava pools.
- However if they have a Potion of Fire Resistance, they will not die in hot conditions until it wears off.
- They can be damaged from bodies of Water and rain.
- In the right environmental conditions, a player can farm snow from Snow Golems, as they leave a layer of snow on top of every block they walk on.