|Attack Strength||5 (Easy), 9 (Normal), and 13 (Hard)|
|Drops||1 Rotten Flesh, 0-1 Gold Nuggets|
Zombified Piglin are neutral mobs that spawn in the Nether. They hold a Gold Sword and attack the player only if provoked. They do not burn in sunlight, unlike Zombies and Skeletons. They spawn in the Nether. They can also spawn in Nether Fortresses, along with Blazes and Wither Skeletons.
In Minecraft Pocket Edition, Zombie Pigmen used to spawn from the Nether Reactor Core. but after Update 0.12.1, they spawn naturally in the Nether.
Pigs that are struck by lightning will also turn into Zombie Pigmen. However, this feature will be removed in 1.16. Now, if a normal Piglin is brought into the Overworld it will slowly morph into a Zombified Piglin
Zombie Pigmen spawn in groups of 4-5 in the Nether. If the player hits a Zombie Pigman, then all the others that are close will become hostile and attack the player, like Wolves. A Bow is recommended when fighting groups, while an Iron Sword and above can work too.
Baby Zombie Pigmen
Main Article: Baby Zombie Pigman
Baby Zombie pigmen are smaller variants of Zombie pigmen. They are faster and harder to fight than adult Zombie Pigmen. Their chance to spawn is lower, but sometimes they spawn on riding a chicken, creating a Chicken Jockey.
Zombie Pigmen drop 0-1 rotten fleshes, 0-1 golden nuggets. They have an 8 percent chance of dropping a golden sword when killed. This applies in Java, Bedrock and Pocket Edition.
- Zombie Pigmen can sometimes spawn with an enchanted gold sword or armor, depending on the difficulty mode.
- Before Update 0.11.0 in MCPE, Zombie Pigmen did not have a hat layer so they could burn during the sunlight.
- Zombie Pigmen are immune to burning like Wither Skeletons, Blazes, Magma Cubes, and Ghasts.
- A Zombie Pigman's Gold Sword might break if hitting the player for a long time.
- Originally, Normal Pigmen were going to be implemented in the game as residents in villages. This idea was scrapped and replaced with Villagers. However, in 1.16, Piglin (or Pig Goblins) will be added as the normal version of Zombie Pigmen (the renaming of Zombified Piglin)